What’s the first step in buying a new home?
Whether you’re new to the area or not, the first step is finding a realtor who you can trust and you feel understands your needs and wants. Obviously, we’re going to suggest that you contact our office first in finding a realtor but if you feel we aren’t the best fit for you then find someone you feel comfortable with!
What is the next step after finding my realtor?
Your realtor will guide you through the remaining steps of finding and then purchasing your new property. But to help you get an understanding of what will be involved, here are some basic steps that you’ll probably take:
- Know your budget. Whether you have a lump sum or plan on getting a loan, you need to know how much you can afford. We recommend getting pre-approved for a loan before starting your property search.
- Search available listings for properties that match what you are looking for. You can get started with this on our search page. If you’re not sure how to search for properties then contact us and we’ll help you!
- View the properties in person with your realtor. Once you find some listings that you like, then your realtor will setup an appointment to show you properties in person.
- If you feel you’ve found your dream home, then the next step is usually to make an offer. Your realtor will help you with this step.
- Your offer is accepted! Now you’ll need to get an appraisal, home inspection, and insurance quotes (especially if you’re getting a loan). Your mortgage company or realtor will be able to help you with all of these items.
- Finally, you get to close! You will usually meet at the title company’s office where all the documents will be signed and you’ll walk away the proud owner of a new home!
Why wait any longer? Let’s get started!